A community land charity which manages a number of open spaces around Richmond. It was originally known by many as ROSA - Richmondshire Open Spaces Appeal.
We own and manage a number of open spaces around Richmond (shown on the map to the right)....
1. Westfields. This is the last of the 3 open pastures in Richmond (Gallowfields and Eastfields being the other two).
2. The nine acre field (OS9100) - a beautiful meadow between Westfields and Reeth Road.
3. Jack King's Wood (the wood at the end of Westfields).
4. South Bank. - the meadows on the south side of the Swale near the Station Bridge.
5. Sleegill - the land near to Earl's Orchard.
The Trust was formed in 2004 when a large fund raising campaign began to buy some key open spaces from Richmondshire District Council. Since then we have maintained and enhanced the landscape - rebuilt stone walls, planted hedgerows, and produced wild flower meadows.
On-line joining to be added soon. In the mean time - please email Gordon Love (address at the bottom of this page) for an application form.