Richmond Community - Richmond Walking & Book Festival
- Fellmongers Company of Richmond
- Home-start Richmondshire
- Hudswell Community Pub
- Mercers, Grocers and Haberdashers
- Probus Club of Richmond
- Richmond Amateur Dramatic Society
- Richmond Badminton Club
- Richmond Bowls Club
- Richmond Camera Club
- Richmondshire Choral Society
- Richmond & Dales Soroptimist Club
- Richmond French Twinning Association
- Richmond Live
- Richmond Norwegian Twinning Association
- Richmond Open Spaces Appeal
- Richmond Operatic Society
- Richmond Rotary Club
- Richmond Walking Festival
- The Station
- St John's Centre
- Swaledale Outdoor Club
- TRY - Transition Richmond Yorkshire
- U3A - Universtiy of the Third Age
Books and boots, walks and words… come and join us for ten days of book events and guided walks in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. The Richmond Walking & Book Festival is packed with opportunities to inspire and invigorate you, literally from head to toe!
- Be inspired: meet celebrated authors and discover new ones. Engage in a full programme of evening and weekend book events, and a book fair offering an amazing range of second-hand and antiquarian bookstalls.
- Be invigorated: explore the beautiful Yorkshire Dales in autumn. Enjoy daily walks for amblers, ramblers and serious walkers led by friendly, local guides.
With a number of graded walks to choose from each day, you can embark on a challenging climb one day and enjoy an historical stroll the next. This year’s Festival features the re-launch of the Swale Way: to be led in 6 stages, this is an 80-mile long-distance route from Boroughbridge to the origin of the River Swale in upper Swaledale.
You can also vary your activities over the Festival with orienteering, mountain bike trails and cycle rides. You will have the opportunity to try out the northern loop of the Tour de France route and to take part in one of four cycle audax events.
- The Festival offers a unique mix of possibilities for daytime and evening. Take a look at the programme on our website and start planning your ideal itinerary, centred on the lively market town of Richmond. Picturesque and steeped in history, Richmond boasts everything you need to ensure a wonderful day or longer stay, whether a solo traveller or a group of friends.