Whether you are meandering down our wynds for great views over the town and valley, striking out on a circular route or enjoying a rest as part of your Coast to Coast adventure, walkers are very welcome here, and whatever your walking style, you're in the right place for a stroll/hike/yomp.
If you want to plan ahead, we've got lots of resources to help you find your feet when you arrive, and as the town gears up for the annual Walking and Book festival from mid September, we're all about putting your best foot forward.
- Check out our special WALKS AND TRAILS section for inspiration and free downloadable walks sheets. These are a great option if you want to print them off and bring with you when you visit the town. A good map and a mooch round really helps you get a feel for the place when you first arrive.
- Understand the history of the town, as well as getting some great walking routes with a Richmond booklet bundle available from various outlets in the town, including Richmond Information Centre, or online here.
- Coast to Coast t-shirts are available via our online shop. So if you've done the walk, are in the midst of doing it, or even thinking about doing it at some point in the future, get the t-shirt.
- Enjoy a Richmond Wander, during the rest of August and into September on selected Wednesdays and Thursdays - to find out more about the town's military connections in the company of your volunteer guide. Check dates here.
- Join in with a guided walk of the town offered by volunteers at Richmond Information Centre on Thursdays and Saturdays. All the details are here.
- Make a pledge to keep putting one foot in front of the other all the way through to September, when Richmond's Walking and Booking Festival strides into town.